Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Have Patience, Have Patience

We recently got our playroom/office fully organized for baby girl to use as well as to have a desk for husband and I to do work or crafts. It was such a relief to finally get that room in order as it had been a mess for awhile. Our downstairs flooded in 2013 after a pipe burst at the front of the house and we ended up having to remodel our entire first floor. In the hasty aftermath, things ended up all over the house as we tried to get our things out of the way of the water and a bunch of small stuff was misplaced in the chaos. In the process of getting this room back together, I located my choir binder from that year. Inside was a copy of the music to the musical, "Music Machine". We had the children's choirs perform it in the spring of 2012 and it was way overdue to take back to our church's music library. 

The "Music Machine" is a children's musical about the Fruits of the Spirit, and as a child, I had learned the song "Patience" in Sunday School even though I hadn't heard any of the other songs. "Patience" is a song about the wise Herbert the Snail and the chorus is quite catchy and goes:


Have patience, have patience
Don't be in such a hurry
When you get impatient, you only start to worry
Remember, remember that God is patient, too
And think of all the times when others have to wait for you

This is where I feel like we are in our surrogacy journey. We are still working on screenings with our potential GC. I located a therapist today for the psychological evaluation near where she lives, and we're making the appointments for the in-person medical screening at our clinic. The months leading up to my egg retrieval seemed to both simultaneously fly by as baby girl got bigger and dragged on as I was anxious to get the embryos made. Now that they are done, we are ready to hopefully have a transfer soon, soon being within the next 6 months or so. Before all this happened, I never would have thought we'd want another child so quickly and we'd plan to start trying again when baby girl was 18 months. In fact, after my c-section and before the hysterectomy, they told me we would need to wait at least 3 years for another so my J-incision could heal fully and I was totally on board with that at the time.  Baby girl is exactly 11 months today, and we're ready for her to have a sibling. Perhaps its because we have now invested so much in researching all of this or perhaps it's because we actually have embryos stored, or like I read somewhere "totsicles" waiting for us. So much of this seems like hurry up and wait, and I am just ready to get this show on the road. I know it has to be done in a certain order, and on a certain timeline, but frankly, I'm doing my best to remember the words of Herbert the Wise, even if it's a reminder I need daily. 


*The chorus is likely to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day ðŸ˜‰

No comments:

Post a Comment